Friday, May 11, 2012

Meet Me At The Lake

Are you a beach person or a lake person?  I have always been a beach person, but I guess it's not surprising that Seattle, surrounded by lakes and various other waterways, is inspiring me to seek out beautiful designs for lake houses.  I think this will be the first of several posts coming up, but here are my various dreamy images of lake houses and decor (at least so far).  Enjoy!

Pinned Image

Pinned Image



Pinned Image
 Gorgeous reflections of the fall leaves on the still water...stunning.

Pinned Image

Pinned Image
I know this one has been posted a lot but it really is magical!
I think it captures the appeal of a lake house perfectly.


Pinned Image
 Bunkbeds are required.

Pinned Image


Pinned Image
Simple and clean - letting the view of the water be the star!

Pinned Image

Pinned Image
A dog is in heaven around water, right?  These babies want to escape and splash around.
Pinned Image
If you could have your dream lake house, what would it look like?

9 comments:

Acquired Objects said...

I'm definitely a lake person and if Dylan dog were there he would be racing down the dock to jump in the water. I guess he's a lake person too. Love the houses you've shown here they're stunning.

XX
Debra~

The enchanted home said...

WOW!!!!!!!! This is one of my favorite posts Barbara of yours. I looooooove these pictures and would love a lake house..something so serene and peaceful about them, you captured the essence brilliantly right down to the two waiting dogs, so cute! Happy Mothers Day!

michele said...

i am drawn to both! a lakehouse would be absolutely dreamy.

smiles and happy weekend to you.

michele

I Dream Of said...

I grew up spending summers in a lake house so feel like I've kept a bit of my childhood close by in settling down in a house with a lake just steps out our front door. There's something about watching the weather on a lake - the sparkling sunshine or moody gray of a windy day - I never get tired of watching my world reflected in the lake's surface.
Happy Weekend and Happy Mother's Day, Barbara.

designchic said...

Just like this, Barbara. I've always been a beach person, but these gorgeous images have me changing my mind...Happy Mother's Day!!

Splendid Market said...

So happy you're enjoying lake life. It is so nice to have the lakes near and far. I love strolling by it and having it as a constant backdrop.

Heather@SatisfyingSpaces said...

What a great post! Living on a lake is a dream! I love these images!

Have a wonderful weekend!
Heather

Thoughts on Design said...

I return to our summer lake house in the Adirondacks every summer. I've been going there since the mid 60's. I guess that makes me a lake person. Yet, since moving to Boston in the early 70's, I have to admit that I've become a real beach and shoreline person. Each has it's merits. I love the intimacy of our little house overlooking our lake. But there is absolutely
nothing that can match watching false dawn and sunrise at an ocean shoreline where there is nothing between you and Portugal.

Cheers,
John

Mona Thompson Providence Ltd. said...

I am definitely both...wherever there is sunshine and water...that is where I want to be. We have a little lake house right on the water that we just love. We will spend every weekend there from now until Labor Day...Love, love this post. Hope all is great with you...Have been so busy...I'm just catching up. XO, Mona

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...