Thursday, March 29, 2012

Focus On Bali: Shopping

This will be my last post on Bali but the design impressions that I gained there will definitely continue to shine through in my design choices.  They have such a strong artistic element and love of nature & beauty that the possibilities for shopping were endless.  I could have bought four times what I did!  Here are just a few of my favorite things:









I bought one of these antique offering bowls, used in the past for the women to carry offerings to the temple on their heads.  I loved the history, the faded design and the beautiful display it would make on a table in our new home.



This old guy and his wife are going to have a new place to kneel:  on our fireplace mantel.

I bought a gorgeous antique textile for use along the bottom of our bed, or as a throw. 
I'll show you guys once it arrives in the shipment!

Bartering:  definitely the name of the game all over Bali.

I hope you enjoyed our little shopping trip.
Any favorites?

9 comments:

Acquired Objects said...

Love those offering bowls and textiles for sure but I don't think I would have been able to resist that bench or one of those Buddha's. Thank you for taking us along Barbara.

Enjoy your day!
XX
Debra~

I Dream Of said...

Barbara, I feel like I've been able to take a trip to Bali with you right from my kitchen table. Thanks so much for all the lovely photos and observations, I've so enjoyed them. I'm glad you were able to bring home such beautiful finds to remind you of your adventure! XO

Splendid Sass said...

Barbara, thank you so much for sharing this beautiful. You are an amazing tour guide!
Happy Thursday.
Teresa
xoxo

Stacy CUrran said...

What an amazing experience to be able to shop in Bali! So jealous!
Stacy

Barbara Bussey {The Treasured Home} said...

I'm sure you think about the things you wish you had bought. I know I would have. What was the most memorable aspect of Bali in your children's eyes, I wonder?

Taylor Greenwalt said...

What a wonderful experience. Hope to go there one day.

The Vintique Object said...

Hey friend! What are those green pendants? Glass or pottery? Either way, I love them. How did you not buy everything in sight?
Camille

casey at loft and cottage said...

How lucky you are to have gone there! I love seeing all your shopping finds.

Jati mulya indah said...



Indonesian Panel Knock Down Javanese Traditional House
Panel Knock Down
Javanese Traditional House
Joglo Living Space With Ethnic Styles | Home Design And Interior tradisional indonesian Style

whatsapp clik

https://wa.me/message/MSJ2YPAAJ4TGI1

Visit info webside
https://rumahjoglojmi.wordpress.com/category/rumahjoglo/

instagram
https://www.instagram.com/rumahjoglojmi

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...