Monday, July 4, 2011

Vintage Travel Posters

I love using vintage travel posters to add interest to a family room, mud room, laundry room, office - even a boy's bedroom or a young bachelor's first apartment. To me they evoke the time when travel was truly an adventure, and they bring about a romantic, exotic feel to travel that is (sadly) long gone. 

I know this has been overdone in some cases over the years, but I think if they are carefully chosen for uniqueness, this look still has a lot of mileage.  It would also be fun to choose them based on your own travel destinations as a memento, or places you haven't been to...YET.  :) 

Take a look at some of my favorites I found on eBay:









What do you think of vintage travel posters?
Would you use them in your own home, or for a client's home?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love vintage Travel posters..the colors and graphics are so amazing..
and I like the idea of selecting ones from places you've traveled..but having them framed properly is the key to creating a proper look with these posters...
great idea,
maureen

designchic said...

I never tire of vintage posters. I used them when decorating my playroom, and the colors make the room!! Great post ~

The enchanted home said...

Love them, am a big fan of vintage posters. In our old house in our family room/movie room, we had a whole wall of vintage movie posters, all in black and white, I never tired of seeing them, love the travel posters you featured!!

Rachael @ Roco Rennie said...

Oh I got to have that Venice one. I love travel posters, especially of they evoke a memoray of a place

Meghan @ Wishful Thinking said...

When I go to a new place, the first thing I buy is a vintage travel poster at those silly tourist stands! It started in Paris and ever since then, my collection has grown and grown! The Paris poster hangs in my bedroom and every morning I wake up and think of Paris! I wouldn't trade them for the world!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...