Thursday, February 24, 2011

Colorways: Turquoise

After the overdose of turquoise fashions in the 80's, I couldn't run away from the color fast enough!  However in the last few years it has been feeling so fresh again in fashion and interiors, and I'm really drawn to it.  Here are some of my favorite inpirations in turquoise, aqua, and so on...

{Plantation Home}

This room combines venetian and exotic beautifully...


{Satisfying Spaces Blog}
Those shutters and the beamed ceiling make quite a statment!


The pink contrasts nicely with all of the turquoise accents
and of course I love the zebra ottomans!

This picture has convinved me to use greek key curtains somewhere very soon!
The coral accompanies the look nicely too.


Turquoise grasscloth...I like it.
 
{House of Turquoise Blog}
The lucite table, art and color really make this traditional home feel young and vibrant.
{Miles Redd}
How cool is that chest??

{House of Turquoise Blog}
That artwork is so unique and memorable!

{House of Turquoise Blog}
A close up of the same room.  Those peonies make me melt. 

{House of Turquoise Blog}
These coral prints would work so well in a sea-inspired bath. 


{House of Turquoise Blog}
I could definitely find a place for that mirror!

The bits of nature are so pretty with the turquoise in both shots.

{Satisfying Spaces Blog}
I love how this room freshens up Belgian with a bit of color
that pairs nicely with all of the neutrals.

The orange and turquoise play so nicely off of each other. 
I included this shot in my post about orange too - you can find it here.

The lamp really makes the room! 
The rug is great too...

I normally wouldn't go for such a bold sofa,
but I really like the shape and color in this room!

{Hillary Thomas}
An entry stands on its own so it lets you try out
one daring statement piece all on its own!

{Tia Zoldan}
Tia Zoldan is one of my favorite designers because of her fresh, accessible style.  
This is her house:  black, white and turquoise - so crisp! 

This mix of fabrics and textures is one of my faves. 
It could work so well with traditional or modern decor but
you could also use it with Ethnic, Spanish or even African looks.


Which one of these is your favorite??

2 comments:

Linda @ theLENNOXX said...

Ohh thank you so much for this link Barbara, so much eye candy here. I love the zebra ottomans too, and Lord Bodners Octopus Print makes me weak in my knees lol! Love Erian and HOT too BTW =)

Have a great weekend!

xo Linda

beckymex said...

That curved turquoise sofa takes me back to my childhood and my Aunt Dainty. She had the most exotic, sophisticated house I had ever seen! Her curved sofa was pink silk with a deep bullion fringe...pussy willows in vases, a mirrored wall, grand piano...sigh...
She lived in a little town in Texas!!! WOW! What memories. Thanks, Barbara!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...